Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Adventure Time!!

So,I wasn't very happy with the backgrounds with the last test. The colors were pretty odd and a little distracting to the characters. I used darker colors and lower saturation for these new ones. I think they look better this way



And just because I know your just dying to see the animatic to this animation....Its right here
*This animatic was turned in for a different class, I just wanted to put it up here too, so plz dont hurt meh >.<*
The aimatic goes by pretty fast and its only the first 6 scenes. I'm still working on the timing and stuff for my animatic. It should be done soon ~*W00T*~

2 comments:

Charlotte said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charlotte said...

I'll confess that I didn't see any changes this morning--the adjustments to the backgrounds were too subtle (hence the deleted post).
It's completely fine to post work from other classes on the blog. This is especially true when you label it clearly (which you did and that is perfect).

Here is your assignment for next week: Take one drawing from your animatic (doesn't matter which one, but pick ONLY one). Take this drawing and make three different line/color studies:
1. Hellboy
http://scifiwire.com/assets_c/2009/07/Hellboy_comic-thumb-330x509-20119.jpg
2. Gorillaz
http://api.ning.com/files/466lxTNq7xjiuxAN5-fjVLOrW-*CxYlGFMyuYtm4D7cf8UkNBP69jkcjI68GlQTubHhQ8ykVq9qsPB50AzKXomiidS8nA2J0/gorillaz3.jpg
3. The Secret of Kells
http://asifaeast.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/bookofkells.jpg

So, the goal is that the underlying drawing is exactly the same (do NOT change the look of the character--only change the outline and the coloring). Copy the lighting/shadows, the textures, the palette, the line-work... but keep your underlying drawing the same... Match everything: the line width of the characters closest to the camera, the shading on the faces, the harsh shadows, the subtle shadows, etc.... e-mail me with your questions...